It’s because of your generosity that our story continues
The Heritage Museum and Cultural Center is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. We do not receive direct funding from any local or state governments. So it is because of generous people and organizations such as you that we continue to tell our local stories. No other organization has our depth of local history knowledge, collection of artifacts and archival resources or educational commitment to history and cultural enrichment that we do. Your support is how we will continue retelling that story … continue expanding our resources … continue inspiring generations to come. On behalf of our communities, thank you.
Your gift will enable people of all ages to see their present and future more clearly.
There are several ways you can help us fulfill our mission to promote historical preservation, education and research.
- Sponsorships: Corporations, foundations, organizations and individuals can sponsor exhibits, special events, educational programs and activities, field trips, brochures and publications such as The Heritage Journal newsletter.
- Membership: The Internal Revenue Service recognizes us as a 501(c)(3), tax-exempt organization. Your membership dues and contributions may be tax deductible. Ask your tax advisor for more information.
- Endowment Contribution: Contributing to our endowment will help ensure our long-term success. The Berrien Community Foundation holds our endowment fund. For more information, contact the Berrien Community Foundation, 2900 S. State St., Suite 2 East, St. Joseph, MI 49085; (269) 983-3304; email: bcf@BerrienCommunity.org.
- Honoraria: Pay tribute to a living friend or family member. Honorariums make a wonderful gift for a birthday, anniversary, retirement, thank you or special occasion.
- Memorials: Create a legacy for your loved one through a memorial donation.
- Planned giving: Through a bequest, savings bonds, life insurance policy, charitable remainder and annuity trusts. Please contact the Heritage Museum for more information.
- In-kind gift from our wish list
- Shop online: The Heritage Museum participates in several online giving sites, including Amazon Smile, iGive, and Shop for Museums.
Click these links for more information:
You may make your donation with:
- Credit card
- Stocks/securities tracked on major exchanges
- Life insurance policy
- Savings bond
You or your loved one will be recognized
Whether through acknowledgement in our outdoor courtyard or inscribed on an exhibit panel, we will work with you to ensure proper recognition of your donation.
Volunteer and give your time
One of the most valuable gifts you can give to us is your time. Volunteers assist us with museum admissions, education programs and special events. If you would like share our region’s history as a Heritage Museum volunteer, contact us today. We look forward to having you join our team of dedicated volunteers.
Another way we can use your help is through donations of in-kind gifts. Our current wish list includes:
- Visible Light Meter $300
- Mat Cutter $600
- LED Lights for Exhibit Cases $1000
- Power Point Projector $1000
To make your in-kind gift donation, please call (269) 983-1191 or email us to discuss arrangements