Background: The Heritage Museum and Cultural Center (a 501c3 non-profit founded in 1965) presents seasonal tours of the historic range lighthouses on the North Pier in St. Joseph, Michigan. The Heritage Museum seeks a Summer Lighthouse Tour Manager for the 2018 season as a temporary employee to provide on-site leadership during scheduled weekly tours on the pier, and to coordinate and manage volunteers for both public and privately scheduled tours. The tours are presented with support of the City of St. Joseph, which owns and recently completed a $1.85 million restoration on the structures.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Regular Hours: May 24 through September 1, 2018
Thursday through Saturday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Wages paid by hourly rate agreed upon at hiring, relative to qualifications and experience; Any additional hours scheduled will be paid at hourly rate.
Responsibilities: The Summer Lighthouse Tour Manager is a part time position (averaging 24 hours/week) from May 24 through September 1, 2018.
- Present public and private walking tours and “open hours” tours at the North Pier Lighthouses. Support ongoing training and development of tour volunteers.
- Monitor weather conditions and take necessary steps if tours must be cancelled. Arrive at North Pier by 9:30am each tour day to confirm that conditions will allow tours.
- Bring daily supplies needed from the Heritage Museum to the lighthouse, and return daily to the Museum. Work in the office at the Heritage Museum on Thursdays, Friday and Saturday afternoons, and days when tours are cancelled.
- Act as a communication hub for growing team of Lighthouse volunteers and the staff at the Heritage Museum; manage training process, scheduling coordination and routine contacts with volunteers.
- Manage St. Joe Lighthouse Tours Facebook page. Utilize Eventbrite to manage and monitor public walking tour scheduling process.
- Work with Heritage Museum Curator to coordinate staff/ volunteers for Private Lighthouse Tours that are scheduled. Curator will assign additional tasks to support lighthouse research, website and program development.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree preferred, in a field related to History or the Humanities.
- Experience presenting public programs/ tours or providing customer service. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience coordinating or managing volunteers.
- Ability to commit to the position schedule; flexibility on other days is desirable.
Please e-mail your Cover Letter and Resume combined as one PDF to email@example.com by March 10, 2018. No phone calls, please.